Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Learning the Lay of the Land

Why the lack of blog, one might ask. Sorry if anyone was concerned for my safety after the last entry. I suppose it was inconsiderate of me to leave you hanging like that. I am fine and so is our beloved little friend. But I have been settling in and acclimating. Ok, here's the thing...I can't force the Count to come out all the time. He's still a bit peeved about all the sunny pics and the fact that I never am subjected to being photoed. So, this one's for the Count:




No. This is not cheating, it is a self portrait...very artistic. What? Anyway, I was attempting to photograph Mt. Hood, but apparently, it doesn't show up in photos. Yet the Count does...hmmm. Strange, no? The elusive mountain in question is always snow capped, even in August. Pretty dang cool. That's probably why you are not allowed to pump your own gas in Oregon. No, really, I'm not kidding. They have no self service option at all. The way I see it, if the general public spills gasoline all over, it may melt the snow...in true global warming fashion. Fine by me, been losing sleep in fear of my cell phone igniting the fumes anyway.



You can also purchase very large cowboy boots in Oregon. Not really sure why they fascinated me so, but then again I still laugh at potty humor...nuff said.


Here's the count at Portland Meadows Horse Track. He talked me into tossing $2 out on my old crap number, 127. Did it win you ask? Nah, of course not. The race came in 3172. Jerks. I want my $2! (Hehehe What movie was that with the paper boy chasing down the main character...Better Off Dead? Say Anything? I forget.)

Portland has a soccer team and very, very loyal fans. They are called the Timbers. I'm pretty excited about this development having been a loyal Man Utd fan...until all my players started retiring. At some point, you just can't take anymore loss and just give up. Ok, moving on before I tear up...A friend of my Dister, who will be known as Red, invited me to go watch the game at Slims. It's a bar on the main drag in St. John's. They have PBR on tap ;p The Count came out for pics, but I have nothing to show for it...lighting was a bit of an issue. Besides, I think the Count may have been a bit googly eyed over Red and if he saw the shameless way he was drooling over her, he probably wouldn't have let me post them anyway.

I will be stuck doing more growd up stuff this week but will try to take the Count out a bit. Can't have his fans missing him and sad :)


~Aitch~











No comments:

Post a Comment