Monday, August 15, 2011

Getting to know you...

So the past few days have been filled with getting out and about town. My wonderful hosts have seen to it that I have little idle time. Hummmm...I have failed to give them a nickname. Oh! I got it! After yesterday's outing, they shall be dubbed Lewis & Clark (tho one is a female but I have a feeling she'll enjoy the label ;p ). More on the reason for this later.
The Count and I have spent the majority of our time exploring the St. John's area. It is a wonderful area, very easy to become accustomed to its browse friendly streets and gobs of things to do. The people are friendly and very outdoorsy. Everybody walks and bikes there. In fact, the Count and I plan to get a bike...something a bit old school with a basket (for the Count, of course!). Speaking of bikes...
After having a delicious dinner with Lewis & Clark, my attention was drawn to the street by the sound of 70's rock drawing near. A man on a bike had rigged his pull behind to play music, which he controlled via remote :) He was kind enough to stop for a photo with the Count. If you look close, you will see my buddy perched on the top of his mobile DJ unit =D Gotta love it!
Lewis & Clark introduced me to a friend of theirs, who shall be called Monty (Gotta be able to appreciate anyone who adores Monty Python!). How thrilled was I to find Monty had an adventure buddy as well? The Count was happy to make a new friend in Boris the beetle ;p
Ok, now for the Lewis & Clark story. Yesterday, my lovely hosts took me on a small road trip to the Columbia River Gorge. It was amazing. However, it did put my crippling fear of heights to the test.
As you can see, it is pretty awe inspiring!
 Besides the incredible views, the draw to the area is the breath taking waterfalls...
All that hiking about was capped off with a relaxing meal of fish and chips. Oh crap! I forgot the name of the place, but the food was great! I will have to get back to you on that. The ducks and other feathered friends helped me with my chips ;p
 As for today, the Count and I are going to take a stroll in Cathedral Park...off we go :)

~Aitch~












No comments:

Post a Comment