Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Adventure Begins


You can call me Aitch and this is my new friend the Count. He came into my life about a week before I would board a plane and begin a completely new chapter in my life. So to me, it almost seemed natural to include him in my attempt to document my new venture. Besides, he is way more photogenic than I am...as you can see.
 Four days ago, I packed him away in his travel coffin and headed to the Atlanta airport. The adventure had begun. We were making our way to Portland, Oregon for a fresh start. However, the first part of our adventure would take place in Scottsdale. Normally I would curse a long layover, but this one actually worked to our advantage. I have two family members that reside in the toasty area.
 My father picked us up from the airport and took us to lunch. Dad being the first family member to meet the Count, I was a bit nervous. After all, he is an unusual companion. However, my Daddio (as I call him) thought he was great and would even suggest photo ops ;p BTW, we ended up eating at Greasewood Flat. If you ever find yourself in Scottsdale, I highly recommend it. Having been there before a few times, I requested it for our lunchy spot. Last time I went, they had cooked a whole pig in the ground...yummmmm.
 Anyway, Daddio dropped me back off at the airport for cocktails with my sister (or Dister as I call her...you will see a lot of nicknames from me ;p). Do I even need to say she is smitten with the Count? We had a few glasses of wine at Chili's while enjoying silly banter with our fantastic waiter Matt. If you go to the Phoenix airport and discover your self in Chili's...tell him the Count says, "Hi."
So now we are here in our new home base and the adventures have begun. I'll keep you posted ;p

~Aitch~





1 comment:

  1. Love the bridge pic! Welcome to Portland. We are awesome here. :)

    ReplyDelete